We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

So we are cruising in August and really want to take the Estero Beach Resort excursion but am wondering if we are better off doing it on our own vs paying $55/person. I read somewhere we can uber there and get a $10 day pass. Has anyone done this?? Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Estero Beach Hotel & Resort
Estero Beach Hotel...
489 Reviews
Ensenada, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

Unless they're giving you a bunch of credit at the restaurant, $55 is too much.

An Uber will cost you about 120-140 pesos each way, or about US$7. The day pass is US$10 (or 200 pesos). Since everyone rides free in an Uber, two people can get there for $34 instead of $110. I'd say do it on your own. Just make absolutely sure you have data service in Mexico before you commit to it.

If you get stuck, the hotel will call you a cab, but if there isn't one right there you will have to wait 20 minutes or so for one to come from downtown.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

It's only my opinion, but you might want to google the resort and check out some pictures. It isn't "all that resortie."

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

If you do, you'll see that most photos are of the pool, the rooms, or the food. Very few are of the beach, and there's a reason for that.

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

I already have and while I appreciate your opinion, we’ve pretty much decided we would like to go there. Most of the reviews are good and we want to take the kids jet skiing which I read is nearby.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship

It should be nice and warm in August, so Uber, as TravellerCA is the best way, especially if you are interested in Jet Skiing.

Have a great time!

Reply to: Estero Beach Resort from Cruise Ship
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted