We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

Shanghai, China
3 posts
Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

Hello!

I was searching info for Krabi and got kind of confused.

Are Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach the same beach or are they different? Which beach is nearest to Phra Nang Cave and East Railey?

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
630 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

AO Nang is the main beach area in Krabi that is accessible by road. There is plentiful infrastructure there with lots of accommodation and entertainment choice. The beach there is just OK.

Railay and Phra Nang form a peninsula nearby AO Nang which is only accessible by boat. East and West Railay are the "neck" of the peninsula and the stunning Phra Nang is the head. They are an easy walk away from each other. Accommodation there is more limited and most things there are more expensive.

Commuting from AO Nang to Railay/Phra Nang is inexpensive and takes perhaps 10 minutes by long tail. You can even hire kayaks and paddle from one to another.

I hope this clarifies it. If not, just refer to a map of the area.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,639 posts
169 reviews
2. Re: Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

Good answer.

One reason I always like to suggest looking at guidebooks for initial research, is because they're full of maps. Maps are probably the easiest way of finding out where places are & in relation to other places

Even now, I always have a Thailand guidebook next to my computer, & often look at it for reference

Shanghai, China
3 posts
3. Re: Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

Thank you so much :) Totally understood !!

Shanghai, China
3 posts
4. Re: Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

Thanks! I would probably refer to a map :)

5. Re: Ao Nang Beach / Ao Phra Nang Beach / Phra Nang Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang