We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Island + others tour

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Hong Island + others tour

Hi Everyone,

Seeking your advice on the suject of island tours from Ao Nang Beach.

I read a lot of good reviews on these forums of different companies that offer private tours with English speaking guide, good lunch, flexible package, etc to different islands, albeit at a pretty steep price.

I also know it is possible to privately charter one of the longtail boats that is parked along the beach for less than half the price, but without a proper tour guide and other facilities.

So what do you guys suggest? Is it actually worth going with an expensive private tour? I am travelling 3rd week of august with my wife, mom and 3 yr old son to Krabi.

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts.

Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,413 posts
1 review
1. Re: Hong Island + others tour

You can charter a longtail boat for a price in the range of B2500. However, you have to be aware, we are in the monsoon season with sometimes high waves and subject to the sea conditions, it is not always recommendable to go out to the sea with such a boat. They are not seaworthy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Hong Island + others tour

Simple. If the safety of your wife, mum and young son is your highest priority then use the more expensive tours.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
3. Re: Hong Island + others tour

I would do the shared tour, personally. Paying for a private tour is only worth it if you want to have the boat to yourself, because when you get to the island/s everybody else is there anyway.

You can buy shared tours on the beach, there's a big notice board with the fixed prices. In low season you might have to wait longer for the boats to fill up though, they'll only leave when they have enough people to make money.

Reply to: Hong Island + others tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang