We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
475 posts
28 reviews
We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

Have been reading a lot about the smell of sewage at Ao Nang beach including up down near Centara Grand. Have you travelers that have been there experienced this?

4 replies to this topic
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
1 review
1. Re: We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

Bad smelling sewage is running into the sea since years next to the Last Café at the Southern end of Ao Nang. Although many complaints have been lodged, the incompetent authorities have done nothing. The same with the street lights on the main road through Ao Nang, they don't work since months and the road remains dangerous dark and pedestrians have to be utmost cautious crossing the road.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
426 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

Not wanting to hijack thread but have similiar question is there any part of Ao Nang beach that is better and swimmable?

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,839 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

Welcome to Thailand ..... LOL

I personally don't consider Ao Nang swimmable, as too stirred up, not clear, and only swim in clear calm surf.

Along with Thailand wastewater problem of dumping in it, then Ao Nang is definitely NO for me. I had a hard time just relaxing there after a while, as the long tail noise is annoying. This back some time ago, when it wasn't so popular.

Others surely enjoy it, but simply wouldn't be our choice.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 10:08
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
4. Re: We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?

Nope..

Reply to: We had heard that Ao Nang beach smells?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted