We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
306 posts
41 reviews
10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

Hello!

I'm planning for a R&R trip to Krabi and have about 10 days to take, and it will around the end of September/early October period. I'm really looking to just sit back and relax, enjoy the local street food around the area, maybe island hop on some days and swim by the beach (not diving or snorkelling in general).

I'm not into partying, drinking, nightlife and all that jazz and just looking for good hotel/beach to chill out. Budget is around USD50 per night for the hotel.

With that in mind should I split the 10 days between two different spots around Krabi? Ao Nang main strip/beach looks decent (albeit with some "touristy" aspects to it), but most of the restaurants/food stalls are centred around here compared to most of the nicer beaches which seems to be a tad too remote, in which I plan to do some day trips out to it instead.

Looking forward to your comments!

5 replies to this topic
Goole, United...
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

How about a week in Ao Nang & a week in Koh Yao. :)

Completely different areas and you would get the chill out too.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 21:23
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

You are going at the rainiest time. If you are looking for a relaxing beach holiday you could be mighty disappointed.

Reconsider, study some weather websites, and look at going elsewhere eg Bali ??

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

The weather is often fine Khun Bill. Yes it's rainy season and Sept/ Oct isn't great , but you can still have a nice time here & sometimes visitors have to plan around vacation allowances in their home country.

We have been here 5 days now in Ao Nang,the weather is pretty okay. The longtails are running, & yes there has been a dounpour this morning but it's now drying up and to be honest it's not going to ruin our day.

It's not always continuous rain in rainy season. I guess it's pot luck though sometimes with the weather as in all places in the world these days.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10,284 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

Tiffin, end Sept/Oct is when the OP is planning to go. Usually much wetter then than now..

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?

Yes we've also been in Thailand in these months and can still have good days. : )

Reply to: 10 Days in Krabi - One base hotel or move around?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang