We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi - Bangkok

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Krabi - Bangkok

Hi,

I will be traveling with my sister and her family (husband, mother-in-law, and 2 boys - 9 and 7). We are looking into lodging in Krabi, as well as transport back to Bangkok. What beach would be recommended for younger kids and adults that like lots of activities? Any specific hotel recommendations close to or on the beach?

We are debating between taking an overnight train back to Bangkok or a flight. It is my understanding that you must take a bus to the train station in Surat, which is about 3 hours. Is there anything notable between Krabi and Surat? The flight would obviously be less travel time but we're evaluating different options

Thanks for any advice!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Krabi - Bangkok

Both buses and flights are direct options. There is no need to go to Surat Thani.

Bus from Krabi Bus Station to Bangkok is a 12 hours journey while the flight from Krabi to either Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang Airport in Bangkok is just 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,633 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Krabi - Bangkok

Hi,

If you haven't already done so check out Air Asia (budget airline) for flights to Bangkok:

www.airasia.com

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Krabi - Bangkok

Thank you for the responses!

We are taking an overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, then flying Air Asia to Krabi (through Bangkok). Just trying to figure out the transport method back to Bangkok from Krabi. We would not take a bus the whole way, not sure the kids could handle that :)

From what I can tell, there is no train station in Krabi, so you have to take a bus to get to the nearest train station. I'm just curious of the trip between Krabi and Surat, if there are any interesting sights to see.

Thanks!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Krabi - Bangkok

We are going in March and have booked return flights with Thai Airways from Bangkok to Krabi (and back). We looked at Air Asia, but you still have to pay for luggage and extras and didn't work out that much more travelling with Thai Airways (I believe they have a better reputation as well).

5. Re: Krabi - Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 12:46