We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape San Blas Point

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
Cape San Blas Point

We are thinking of renting a boat to go to the point. Is it with it? Can you spend all day? Does it have shells? What else to do on a boat?

Port Saint Joe...
11 posts
1. Re: Cape San Blas Point

Hey, I work with Gulf County Tourism and can help you with your questions!

I am unsure of what your first question is eluding to but the Point is basically a private beach. There is two sides to it, the bay side and the gulf side. The bay side has a very large sand bar that you can park the boat on. Normally there are sand dollars all in the sand. The gulf side can be a little rougher and there is just the shore and one sand bar further out but I wouldn't suggest parking on that one. You can definitely spend all day relaxing in the water and enjoying the beach. It is still a part of the State Park so there are some places that you can not enter due to nesting shorebirds. There are shells on shore and in the water and they can be found both on the Gulf side and bay side. St. Joseph Bay is a fantastic place to explore and there are tons of grass beds with different types of underwater creatures so it is a great place to go snorkeling. You can also follow the shoreline in the state park from the point South to Eagle Harbor. This is a great way to see what wildlife inhabit the State Park including Bald Eagles and White Tail Deer.

I hope this helps you out and if you have any more questions please call our Welcome Center at 850-229-7800. My name is Adrianne and I will be in all day until 4:00 PM EST.

2. Re: Cape San Blas Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 09:48