We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Guadalajara

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
155 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Guadalajara

Im thinking of going to Guadalajara in March and staying at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Las Torres. I would like some input on my upcoming trip.

1. Is this hotel close to the airport? They offer a free shuttle so im assuming its not so far away.

2. Question about getting to downtown, Palacio de Gobierno. Is it faster to take a cab than taking the Tequila express but more expensive?

3. Anybody recommend renting a car instead? My plans for the trip are primarily to go downtown. Is it a hassle to park downtown?

4. Credit cards? I read alot about ATM's in Guadalajara but what about Mastercards and Visas how widely accepted are they in some of the malls and bigger restaurants?

5. . What to do around Plaza Hotel Torres? Im planning on seeing the Museum of Modern Art, is there anything else of interest thats within walking distance or not to far away? Maybe a shopping mall?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Las Torres
Howard Johnson Plaza...
96 Reviews
Guadalajara, Mexico
Palacio de Gobierno
Palacio de Gobierno
390 Reviews
Guadalajara, Mexico
Tequila Express
Tequila Express
204 Reviews
Guadalajara, Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
155 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

I recommend not renting a car, unless you plan to visit the sites outside of Guadalajara. Major credit cards are accepted at the bigger stores and restaurants. The best mexican food is from the street vendors, the real authentic mexican food!.

Mentioned in this post
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

Why are you Not staying in El Centro if your time will be there? Lots of excellent hotels in that area.

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
5,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

Poster # 1, why are you answering yourself?????????

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

^^lol

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

No one answered the OP's questions before their trip in March (original thread started February). They came back on in May as a follow up to what they did.

6. Re: Trip to Guadalajara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 12:55
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara...