We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the best area to stay in Guadalajara

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Where is the best area to stay in Guadalajara

I'll be renting a house in Guadalajara for a week in November, is the area close to the big chain hotels the best part of town to stay? Close to Jardines del Sol?

2 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
1. Re: Where is the best area to stay in Guadalajara

There are a few places with clusters of hotels. What are you planning on doing - I usually advocate for best access to a variety of historical sites as well as culture, restaurants and nightlife to locate from Colonia Americana thru the Minerva area. If you mean Jardines del Sol in Zapopan that is a residential area that is pretty far from many sightseeing places. Search the forum using the green button above for many threads that talk location usually dealing with hotels. Houses you can post locations/listings and we can comment. But you need to detail how many people, whether you will have a car rental, your interests, likes-dislikes, do you walk/bicycle or prefer uber/taxi etc...its a large geographic area and a week´s stay has completely different criteria than where people want to live. Lots of hotels are for business travel principally.

Edited: 08 July 2018, 21:50
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Where is the best area to stay in Guadalajara

Thank you for your reply. We will be 3 people, will be renting a car and just want to be close to tourist places and good restaurants. I heard close to Puerta de Hierro and Centro Comercial Andares is safer than Colonia Americana, what do you think?

Reply to: Where is the best area to stay in Guadalajara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara...