We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure how to plan vacation

Valparaiso, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Not sure how to plan vacation

Flying into PV 10/22 to 11/4. Want to go to PV and Guadalajara, thinking 1 week each. Also thinking about staying in Tlaquepaque instead of Guadalajara. Not planning on doing much (some sight seeing, relaxing...). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jalisco, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure how to plan vacation

This board is a general board,you will get more suggestions if you post this question on the PV and Guadalajara boards.......

I would stay in a smaller hotel near the river like the Hotel Rio or in the old town area the Hotel Jasmin.....

In my opinion I would take an ETN bus from PV to GDL and arrive at the Tlaquepaque station, chek out Tonala next store,cab to centro...

Valparaiso, IN
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure how to plan vacation

Thank you for your suggestions.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure how to plan vacation

What are your interests - what do you like to do, its impossible to answer without some sense of you. I find Tlaquepaque nice but a bit boring if you like city life, the center of Guadalajara and Zapopan have lots more happening - but please what is your age range and what are your interests - we are a metro area of 8 million so lots of stuff to do.

4. Re: Not sure how to plan vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2018, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Guadalajara...