We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one more question!!!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
one more question!!!

Hi again, thanks to everyone for all your help with previous queries,but i find myself with one more. About eight years ago we stayed at veligandu island and in the middle was a sand football pitch(i know why football on your hols) where the staff used to play on their rare time off. During the course of our stay several of us 'holiday makers' russled together a team and had a brilliant time playing against these guys,it was fantastic interaction and needlass to say they whooped us. Should i pack the trainers or retire gracefully.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one more question!!!

Hi

Footie is alive and well in the Maldives and given that Kuredu has a football pitch I'd think your chances of a game are good. Pack those trainers!!

SL

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,484 Reviews
Kuredu
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one more question!!!

Norfolk

Maldivians are football mad! If they whooped you 8 years ago I would retire gracefully. Offer to take out the oranges at half time or to administer the healing cold sponge. LOL

OD

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one more question!!!

Thanks guys,might just have learnt a few new tricks over the years,still life in the old dog yet!!! lol

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one more question!!!

The sand football pitch is now an astro turf type football pitch and there seems to be a staff versus guests match every Thursday. Despite it being the wrong type of football for me I had a great time and have never sweated so much in my life. Afterwards my big toenails turned black and fell off but it was well worth it, I am sure that most islands that have a football pitch would welcome guests playing.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one more question!!!

I remember playing eight years ago,i reckon i came off the pitch a stone lighter!! Can't believe some of the maldavians are not scouted by clubs. I too lost a nail or two but as i mentioned earlier the interaction was well worth it.

6. Re: one more question!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2011, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Kuredu
Recent Conversations