We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether a small 2 wheel drive hire car will be up to the job on the trip from Belgrade in mid February - just wondering about roads to the resort etc o rwhether a 4 wheel drive will be necessary.....................

Cheers

3 replies to this topic
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
1. Re: Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik

Hi,

it really all depends on the weather, but I'll say that there is a 90-95% probability that you'll be perfectly fine with an ordinary 2 wheel drive car with the regular winter equipment (good winter tires and snow chains if there's a need for them). That's all if we are talking about going to Kopaonik town and its surroundings, not some extreme roads in the mountain.

Probably it's the best to check the weather forecast just before your arrival and then decide if 4WD is a better solution, but the road itself is suitable even for a YUGO or an old VW Beetle (many times tested in practice :-) ).

I hope you'll have a great time in Kopaonik.

Cheers!

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - really useful!

We won't be straying from the main roads - looking forward to Kopaonik a new experience for us.

United States
Level Contributor
1 post
147 reviews
3. Re: Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik

No problem whatsoever.

The Serbian law obliges the car rental companies to have winter tyres during the entire winter period.

You want to use a map, or GPS, which is hard to find.

You could buy a data SIM in a gas station, and use Waze on your smart phone.

Reply to: Roads from Belgrade to Kopaonik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kopaonik