We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a boat

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a boat

If we were to hire a boat from minns, what would be the legal requirement, i.e. do you have to have a drivers license? please excuse me as I have never looked into this before. Would there also be an age limit for drivers, just in case my daughter (25) wished to pilot it too? We have piloted a friends boat in the Cayman Islands and feel we would be ok with a small vessel but just need to realise our lack of experience.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a boat

Minns rents 15' to 22' foot Boston Whalers. My 13 year old son drove us around most of the time when we went to Exuma for the first time. I honestly believe that if you ever played with a toy boat in a bathtub before, you are qualified to pilot a Minns boat...

The water is not challenging, the boats are very easy to drive and there are very few enforced regulations on the island. It is Island time!!!

Enjoy your trip, Minns boats are a MUST on your trip!!!

Houston
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a boat

They have an age limit to RENT the boat of 25, just like renting a car in Exuma. What happens after it leaves the dock is up to you as well as your responsibility (including financial)!

Allendale, New...
Level Contributor
95 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a boat

My wife has yelled at me for my levity and has instructed me to clarify. My only intention was to express how simple it was to pilot the boats. Very little can go wrong but if course as with anything, care must be taken to ensure safety.

Please excuse my feable attempt at exaggerating my point.

I truly hope you enjoy your trip, it is an amazing experience.

Sorry dear!

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a boat

Thank you very much indeed, think I should be ok driving one, Michael, I did get your point originally :) and appreciate your honesty.

Reply to: Hiring a boat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Great Exuma
Recent Conversations