We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foodie questions

Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Foodie questions

We just made our final payment on the beach house for winter vacation, so now I'm getting into some serious planning.

As always, we'll make full use of the availability of fresh fish from the fisherman - didn't have that option on Exuma this spring, actually got fresh fish from the hairdresser in town who sold her husband's catch from a cooler in her shop.

As far as eating out, sadly our favourite Sunday place Capt' Jack's is closed, so does anyone else have a beach BBQ in the afternoon with a similar vibe?

Also, I have yet to find a place that serves pumpkin soup - any suggestions?

On my list to try is Twin Brothers, and the new fusion place. Anywhere else not to miss?

I'm so happy to be going back.

Thanks, Annie

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foodie questions

You might be disappointed in Twin Brothers. Just not up to par.

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foodie questions

Check to see if the Bottom Harbour Beach Club is open when you are there for that crazy afternoon BBQ party. And of course there is the fish fry with a different, but definitely party and community atmosphere.

Can't help you with the pumpkin soup though. Maybe Tippy's.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Foodie questions

I can't think of anyone who does a beach BBQ now. My favorite BBQ food is at the Stubb's house in James Cistern but it is largely take-out so not a lot of atmosphere. Bottom Harbour Club closed and Debbie sold all the contents so I don't expect it to reopen anytime soon. Cocodimama had a nice vibe going at their happy hour but it is scheduled to close for 18 months shortly.

I see pumpkin soup as a soup of the day this time of year, but not as a standard part of the menu. The best we have had is at Laughing Lizard, which also has nice wraps, salads and smoothies for lunch.

What is the new fusion place that you mentioned?

Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foodie questions

Thanks for your answers. I love Caribbean pumpkin soup and Eleuthera is the only place I've never found it. Mind you we've never been in December, so maybe it will still be a daily somewhere.

Dave the place I was referring to is Pascals Caribbean Fusion in Rock Sound.

If this is the place I'm thinking of, it had just opened when we were there last. Sip sip was that it was a place that the tours from Princess Cay were taken there. Never got a chance to try it.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Foodie questions

Pumpkin soup can be had at The Laughing Lizard in Gregorytown..

Great local "hip spot" also has free wifi

A great place for lunch with reasonable pricing when heading North to places in and around Gregortown and the Galss Window Bridge. Preachers Cave etc

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foodie questions

Hi Annie, have a great trip! Don't forget to tell us all about it, pumpkin soup & all. LOVE your avatar, how is it going with the pups? Cheers XO

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foodie questions

Dave, I heard that Bottom Harbour Beach Club was open in August and September. There are recent reviews of it here at least . I was there awhile ago, and it was after Debbie sold her interest. It is worth checking out.

Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foodie questions

I guess Laughing Lizard and Bottom Harbour it is; always up to trying someplace new.

Deb, the puppies are getting huge, I love them dearly, but it's time they found some new pet parents.

Just over 2 months until we leave. We are both looking forward to returning. Since we started going there, we've made believers out of at least 4 couples, they all love the island.

:).

We also want to try the new boat tour that goes to the Lighthouse this time, instead of driving there. It sounds like a great day out.

Annie

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Foodie questions

That is interesting to hear that the Bottom Harbour Club is open again. I wonder who is running it?

Savannah Sound
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Foodie questions

Yes ...the The Laughing Lizard in Gregory town sounds like a fun place!

Havent been but heard great things...

Rainbow Bay Inn has great food and some live entertainment...you will have to call them for details.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera