We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jack's Bay

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jack's Bay

Spoke to a bird yesterday who sip-sip'd that Jack's Bay is now accessible again. I plan on heading there at some point this week. Can anyone confirm WTBS (what the bird said - hoot, hoot, hooooot)?

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jack's Bay

🎵He rocks the Casuarinas all day long 🎶

Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song 🎵

🎼All the Pelicans saying we can reach

Love we can get to Jacks Bay Beach 🎶

Yes we can (tweet-tweet-tweet)🎹

Yes we can (tweet-tweet-tweet)🎸

🎵Rock-rock-rock' Pelican' (tweet-tweedilly-tweet)

For you youngsters out there the melody is> Rockin Robin from the 50's

Edited: 14 August 2018, 19:31
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jack's Bay

Bret, I hope your bird is more credible than the one who told us that the channel between Red Pond and the ocean was opened back up. It's not, at least as of yesterday... it's a mess over there. (Our bird was a dude at the liquor store.)

Fingers crossed about access to Jack's Bay!

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jack's Bay

@cookie if you see this, what do you mean by *messed up*?

Edited: 14 August 2018, 22:32
Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jack's Bay

SAS - there are huge piles of sand (I think moved by machinery) that make it difficult to find a place to camp out at the water's edge; the water area just behind the iron shore barrier is much smaller, the beach is very steep (again, I think due to the sand being moved by machinery)... lots of garbage but that's not new, lots of seaweed just now... That spot behind the iron shore barrier is one of my favorite places to snorkel, but the beach is much, much less attractive now for spending the day. For clarity, I'm talking about Red Pond, NOT Jack's Bay.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jack's Bay

Yes, Red Pond, Thanks. Removing the sand/still again, wonder what they are doing with it?

Sending you a PM

Edited: 14 August 2018, 22:50
Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jack's Bay

Ok, curiosity got the better of THIS bird and due to windy conditions forcing me further and further south I found myself at none other than...ta da!! - Jack's Bay. It's accessible from the old way (what the book says) and the new way (turn left at the Jack's Bay boulder off of QH).

There's something going on there and I assume it's all related to Tiger's new pitch and putt and the development at CB Estates. In any case, the beach is as I remember it, but there is a fair amount of clearing going on in the center of the beach. The forest that made up the whole northern end of the beach is history.

I accessed JB the new way and it was a breeze. There is literally a giant boulder that reads Jack's Bay. Make a left. Go to the end. Done. I came in the other way via the old Cotton Bay Club road and that got me there although it was more circuitous and took longer. I was able to go in the old way and out the new way, too. Be forewarned that there were workers, bulldozers, and truck drivers moving in and out, but only at the center of the beach, and above the northern point of the bay.

Same bird who told me about Jack's has told me similar story to Cookie's about Red Pond although I didn't witness firsthand. They've knocked down the giant clam shell of sand and dumped it across the opening of the pond closing it off to the ocean. Rumor has it they are trying to build something there and, in so doing, have spoiled one of the most alluring places on Eleuthera. <sad potcake face>

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jack's Bay

From an architectural mock up I saw of Jacks Bay Beach it looks like a couple of Beach Amenity Buildings. Also beach condos and oceanview condos all along the beach and beyond.

Say Bret are the two old houses on the beach still there? From the plans I saw the footprint of the condos will go right over that property.

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jack's Bay

Yes, both houses are still there. One looked active and was being used.

Reply to: Jack's Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera