We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Cat Island trip!!

Lane, Kansas
7 posts
Save Topic
Booking Cat Island trip!!

We are booking our trip for for the last week of Oct. and 1st week of Nov tonight or in next couple of days to take advantage of the free flight from Nassau. We spoke with Leslie at pigion Cay and we will be staying there. Can't wait!! How much cash do you guys think we will need to bring? And does anyone want to pretty please share the secret spot to look for sea glass???

Thanks again,

Christy

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Cat Island trip!!

Hi Christy, I'm also looking at Cat for 2014. Not a lot of info here, i'm also digging. For the sea glass ask at Pinion Cay, they might be able to help. Sea glass is a very private thing with a lot of people, I would think Atlantic access beaches would be your best bet. As far as cash, I believe it's king as far as the out islands such as Cat., never been there looking for info myself. Would you be so kind as to post a trip report? Thanks

Lane, Kansas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Cat Island trip!!

Thanks for your reply. I will post a trip report, it will be here before I know it. I can report we are having trouble coordinating flights. We are flying out of Kansas City. I think we are going to loose 2 days on Cat, 1 on each end of trip and have to stay in Nassau to make flights work out. No direct flights and the layovers are a bite.

Virginia
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Cat Island trip!!

We stopped by Pigeon Cay on our recent trip to Cat. Only stayed for a few minutes and talked with the owner. Looked like a very nice place, the beach was beautiful. Liked the way they had the dinner setup and bar sitting basically on top of the beach. As for cash, it would vary depending on what you wanted to be doing. Assuming your meals at PC would just be added to your tab and you would pay with CC so that would reduce your cash needs significantly depending on how often you ate there. We took $3500 with us but had some big expenses planned like $800 for a fishing trip, $500 for rental car, $250 for massages and dinner prep. Other than that, I think we spent a little over $1000 in cash for a week. Dinner at Da Smoke Pot was around $50. Several hours at Shana's Cove having drinks on the beach and pizza ended up close to $100. Tank of gas was $70. $100 in gifts to bring back home. Groceries, lunches and dinners out, drinks made up the rest. We don't tend to watch our expenditures too closely when on vacation.

4. Re: Booking Cat Island trip!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island
Recent Conversations