We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat Island Boat Rentals?

Jacksonville...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cat Island Boat Rentals?

I searched this forum before posting as I anticipated several comments and plenty of info on this topic.....to my surprise, not so much. Curious if there's any updated finds on available boat rentals on Cat Island (south end).

4 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,054 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cat Island Boat Rentals?

My research before our trip last summer to Cat revealed a couple of fishing charter boats and that Derrick at Yardie's has some type of pontoon boat that he'll take people out in. And I believe if you stay at Fernandez Bay they have some small power boats to rent, and some rentals will have kayaks (ours did). But it's pretty limited. Cat is an amazing island but it's not really conducive to boat rentals like some other islands are. There's not really anywhere to go other than up and down the coast on the Caribbean side (Atlantic side is too rough and too many reefs to really approach the shore safely by boat), and you can probably get to more beaches by driving and walking/hiking than by boat. When you are there you'll see that it's not really a big boating island which seems weird but it's true. Unlike say Georgetown in Exuma which is chock full of boats of all shapes and sizes coming and going, you just don't really see many boats in the water around Cat. That sort of adds to the desolate secluded feel you get on a remote beach on Cat, when not a single boat is seen going by all day long.

Coldstream, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cat Island Boat Rentals?

Theres a guy called Dave Gillbert at Port Howe who has a catamaran who does daily or two day charters, we took one last January and it was great.

Jacksonville...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cat Island Boat Rentals?

Thank you for the info and your input. I'm not so much looking for charters, but more a boat rental. Hard to come by....but I'll keep on searching.

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cat Island Boat Rentals?

Had a great time with Reynold Butler on the south end. He is willing to do whatever you want snorkeling, exploring, reef fishing, game fishing, etc. His prices were the best I found and he went out of his way to make sure we a great day. 1-242-464-6022 or butlerboy1966@gmail.com He is not quick to respond on the emails but will get back to you.

Reply to: Cat Island Boat Rentals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island