We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

Thinking about taking a day trip to Bimini on Aug 4th or Aug 5th by a ferry with my teenage child. Traveling with another parent/child or a family would make the logistics of getting around easier. Staying at Hotel Diplomat, Hollywood.

3 replies to this topic
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

A day trip really doesn't give you a sense of the place, so I'd not bother doing this unless you're going to at least stay overnight.

However, if you decide to do so, you should know that one parent travelling with a child without the other parent present, should have custody papers showing sole custody or a notarised letter from the other parent giving permission to take your child out of the country. Sometimes they ask for it, most of the time not, but it's worth having in case.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

Thank you for this information! Great to know. I think we’ll stay in Hollywood then and come to explore Bahamas next time!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
6,065 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)

Makes sense! There's so much to do and see in the Bahamas -- with over 700 islands -- that a day trip really doesn't do it justice. Definitely plan another trip and come and see the real Bahamas.

Reply to: One-Day trip to Bimini (from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted