We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly

Guam
1 post
Family friendly

Does the Naval base at Andros Island allow you to bring your wife and children?

Carlsbad, California
13 posts
1. Re: Family friendly

Where are you going on Andros? I have been to South Andros with my family and we have had a wonderful time. In South Andros there is one base in the south bight on a small island otherwise there are no stations that are still running. If you are going to South Andros I suggest the Andros Beach Club. We had a wonderful time there.

Carlsbad, California
13 posts
2. Re: Family friendly

Where are you going on Andros? I have been to South Andros with my family and we have had a wonderful time. In South Andros there is one base in the south bight on a small island otherwise there are no stations that are still running. If you are going to South Andros I suggest the Andros Beach Club. We had a wonderful time there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Family friendly

It depends. Yes, there are families on base with naval and civilian staff, they do have some housing, a mess hall, a small BX, and an elementary school, but accommodations on base are limited. Some families live off base. My understanding is that at best, families are NOT exactly encouraged. It is not a large base.

4. Re: Family friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations