We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

1 post
Save Topic
Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

I won a 4 day 3 night and 1 night hotel and cruise from Grand Bahama Tourism to Grand Bahama Island. I entered the contest in Johns Pass Florida in March and just got a call saying I have 3 days to claim it and 18 months to take the vacation. Is this a scam?

181 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
550 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

Almost certainly. Usually connected with timeshare or vacation club shares. The "free" vacation deals almost always stick with a lot of fees and surcharges so you end up spending the same thing you would have to actually book the vacation on your own. And they often suck you in by having you pay a small fee and then adding more fees later.

2. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 May 2018, 21:35

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

Everyone please stop relying to these topics.

While the content may be accurate these are bot generated threads. They've been here for years, all of the posters have 1 post, they never respond back after you give them advice and they will often repeat other posters a month later. Trip advisor doesn't remove them even after being notified and all these threads do is clog up the forum.

4. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

5. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

6. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

We also were called and told that the Manager was alerted about us winning the get away. I have been looking at a lot of reviews, after us already paying for the fee of 39.95 and 2 payments of 69.95. I was certain that we had also been scammed, but they refunded everything to us without question. The reason was fear of the unknown out of the country. They appear to be fair and we did ask all the questions that we had for them.

Coastal South...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

Reading the last comment on this thread, it doesn't sound like a scam if they were willing to refund your money. This thread seems to be full of speculation by people who've not actually gone on the trip. Would be nice if we got word from someone who's actually traveled.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

I also won. I’m scared to do it. I guess I’ll have to either bite a. Bullet or miss a really good chance.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!

I just got the call that I also won.

I am nervous to do something stupid and get ripped off.

Reply to: Won a trip from Grand Bahama Tourism? SCAM?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted