We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Finally SOLD

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Finally SOLD

here's the breaking news.. I'm sure there will be lots more information coming over the next few days and weeks

tribune242.com/news/…

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

I had to laugh when I read the "conditions"..

an annual capital expenditure of $50mil.. it's a drop in the bucket compared to what was spent in it's heyday.

Can't wait to see what happens in the coming months.. including the comfort suites agreement.. which was a 'gentlemans agreement" between kerzner and CS owners.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
641 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Wow... Didn't know that about the agreement between Comfort Suites and Atlantis. Very interesting indeed!

What new resort is going in "across the way"?

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

I think Rosie was referring to the new Bahamar project at Cable Beach with is underway, and due to open in 2014.

http://www.bahamar.com/

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

We're heading back to Harborside next March, just reserved our t/s week. We don't spend a lot of time at Atlantis. Maybe a few meals in a weeks time so I don't know that I will be all that affected by any changes, but we do enjoy walking around the grounds after dinner when things have settled down. Hope it's still pretty! But as for restaurants? I'll put the great majority of my money in the hands of the little guy.

15. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:47