We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis Finally SOLD

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis Finally SOLD

here's the breaking news.. I'm sure there will be lots more information coming over the next few days and weeks

tribune242.com/news/…

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
582 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Hoping this is a good thing?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Well this should be interesting as it plays out. No doubt it has something to do with all the sky cranes popping up over Cable Beach. I'm still not sold on the idea that all this Chinese goverment money pouring into the Bahamas is a good or sound idea. Selling your soul to the devil? Anyone?

Montville
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Wait...what? I'm just getting ready to book a two week trip there where I will be totally ripped off, but the kids will love it.

Should I wait?

Will the prices go down ?

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

I wouldn't panic if you have booked your trip. But their marketing and TV commercials are a joke. Yes, we are here, but we get the Miami TV channels here in Nassu. But yet I see these commercials promoting the Atlantis Summer Special.....but the offer expires May 1st. Last time I checked, summer starts June 22nd. These guys are a joke...let's see...promote a summer special that expires before the start of summer. Makes sense to me...actully pretty pathetic.

Montville
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Besides the ridiculous pricing, (and we rent a villa in St Barts, beach front, for less then what we will have to pay at The Reef) the Customer service is horrendous.....and everybody knows it. I'm hoping that wI'll change, but looks like the management wont be changing

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

this company is huge....soooo much money. and Canadian. Hopefully this will mean good things to the future of Atlantis and the Bahamas.

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

I guess we will have to just wait and see. Brookfield is not a hotelier. They want their money. Who knows what their intentions are for the long run.

Vancouver,B.C.
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

I agree with you there Scubagirrl

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

It will be interesting. I think the novelty of the great Atlantis will wear off once the resorts on Cable Beach are swanky enough for the Europeans. I see Beach Tower coming down. I agree, all this overseas money just means less for the citizens who work at these resorts. I hope I'm wrong.

sc
Level Contributor
740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis Finally SOLD

Scuba you are right they are not hoteliers and are looking at the bottom line...they fired the team that has been responsible for updating and refurbishing the rooms/restaurants/grounds etc.. It doesnt seem like a wise

move with a huge new resort underway across the way but time will tell.