We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

We are booked @ the Reef for this summer (group of 12: 6 adults/6 kids under 14).... however one of the families in our group would like to switch their reservation to the Royal Towers...based on location. They have 2 kids (6,11)... so they are thinking they want to be closer to everything. For me I would prefer a nicer room w/less of a crowd. Can anyone give me some insight on the differences between the Reef & the Royal Towers (I know the Reef is new...so may not be possible)? How far of a walk would it be to the Towers & Water Park from the Reef? Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
Manitoba
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Well, the Royal Towers are definitely smack in the middle of the slides, etc. However, with the shuttles running, you don't have to walk, so that shouldn't be a huge concern. They're very frequent and get you from point a to b very fast.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
Indiana
Level Contributor
291 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Over Christmas, the pools around the Royal Towers (and the lobby) were a mob scene. But most definitely right in the middle of things. The Cove/Reef pool is like a little oasis. So nice and quiet compared to the other pools. It might be a five minute walk from the Cove/Reef to the water slides (the slides in the big tower, can't think of the name!) Unless the kids are really young it's not bad at all.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
The Cove at Atlantis, Autograph Collection
The Cove at Atlantis...
3,103 Reviews
New Providence Island
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Reef is closer to all the new action than Royal Towers. The center of gravity has shifted.Reef & Cove are directly adjacent to the new Aquaventure and Dolphin encounter.Moving to R/T to get closer to action defeats the purpose.

atlantisadvisor123
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

The Royal Towers are closest to the Mayan Temple slides and the royal baths pool and other pools....however i believe the cove and reef are closer to the aquaventure....another thing you have to take into consideration though is that the royal towers is much closer to all the good restaurants which are a longer walk than the slides....the reef rooms are luxury condos kind of like harborside except for the reef is a little nicer and the royal towers are standard rooms but they are the nicest rooms on the property. the cove is all suite....the rooms in royal are very high end ( not like the ritz) and closer to the action...however i would stay at the reef because its brand new and nicer.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Just so there's no confusion the Reef's rooms are the nicest and most luxurious at Atlantis, Cove runs a close second. They both are way nicer than the Royal Tower rooms.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
virginia
Level Contributor
258 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

We've now had the opportunity to stay in both the Cove and the Reef (as of last week). The Reef is more homey/not more luxurious. Although very nice, it feels more like someones nice home where you have to take your shoes off, than an posh hotel room.

Cove is a bit "cold" for my liking, but has a more upscale feel to it than the new reef.

Both are in beautiful condition - being new. The real test will be a few years from now when things start to get shoddy. Like the Royal Towers are getting now.

Staff still needs some serious training.

Mentioned in this post
The Cove at Atlantis...
3,103 Reviews
New Providence Island
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
Indiana
Level Contributor
291 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Tikib, thanks for the added description. We didn't view the Reef on our trip, but I did wonder what made it more "luxurious" than the Cove. I understand it's new, but at Atlantis, price seems to say alot!

Mentioned in this post
The Cove at Atlantis...
3,103 Reviews
New Providence Island
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

The price don't tell the whole story. The facts do. Cove cost more because their base rooms are 670-750 sq. ft. Reef base rooms are 500 sq. ft. Having been in both rooms there is no doubt Reef is nicer.3 flat screen t.v.'s not 2 like Cove. Kitchens and way nicer mouldings and ceiling details etc. etc.

New York
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

Having stayed at both, I don't feel Reef is more luxurious than Cove or vice versa. Cove is more hip while Reef is more homey.

Cove commands a higher price due to its larger space and better location. Reef is a good choice for families. Its cheaper rate combined with kitchen offers better value for the money. Either one is great depending on your priority.

Also stayed at the Royal on my last trip. The lobby is grand and the achitecture is so classy, but the room is unremarkable.

Stayed at Beach tower for one night. The room was adequate, certainly better than motel6. But don't expect good service and the shuttle does not stop there regularly.

There're three shuttle routes. One short loop runs among Reef, Cove, Royal. A long loop runs all stops but takes a long time. The third goes to Harborside.

In sum, Reef and Cove are neck to neck. Royal is a distant third. Don't even bother with anything else.

Mentioned in this post
The Royal at Atlantis...
6,865 Reviews
New Providence Island
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis: The Reef vs Royal Towers

How is Cove a better location?? They are right next to each other.

;