We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis kids club

Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantis kids club

I was wondering if I had to make advance reservations for the atlantis kids club- or can i do it when i get there???

How much is it and what are the times available.??DD will be 3.

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
956 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis kids club

I want to know too.......

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis kids club

Call 24 hours ahead for the day time program; no reservation needed for evening program. You will need proof of age (passport) the first time you take them and they take room charges and credit cards only.

3 - 5 year olds - am session is from 9 to noon; pm session is 1 to 5. Forget whether they do lunch for the little ones. You would have to call.

6-12 year olds - Discovery Kids Camp runs from 9 am to 5 pm; can do morning or afternoon sessions only if you want. Check the Atlantis web site for costs. If they go all day, price includes lunch.

Evening program is 6 to 10 pm; you can pay a set price or hourly (hourly was $20; forget the entire evening cost). They do not feed them dinner so you will have to feed them ahead of time. They will have a snack - the night my daughter went, they made their own milk shakes - had different flavors and additions to choose from.

For each program, there is a different theme each day/evening. My daughter (8) went on the Sea Creatures day. Had a blast except when they dissected the frog! Yuck, we're vegetarians and she really didn't enjoy that part. She loved the roller boards in the kids club.

Seems to be quite a large space (parents aren't allowed in other than at a tour at 12:15) - was talking to one of the counselors the evening our daughter went and they said the most they have ever had in the evening was about 150 kids!! They keep the ratio at no more than 8 kids to 1 counselor no matter how many kids they have. They have inherited the space across from the club since the convention center was consturcted so they use that space to play games sometimes.

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
956 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis kids club

How trustworthy are those counselors in charge of the kids??? I'm one of those paranoid Mom's who won't even let her kindergartener go to his friends house unless I am friends with the parents. I would also NEVER hire a male babysitter. My 4 year old has food allergies, are they trained to use epi pens, albuterol inhalers (asthma), etc?? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis kids club

Karen - no idea on training; you would have to ask the resort. I know I only saw women (not teens either) but that doesn't mean guys weren't there too. My daughter was happy and they certainly seemed to keep things under control. I figure my daughter can take care of herself and would tell me if there was a problem. Being a mostly only child (her brother is 21), she prefers going to the kids clubs rather than hanging out with us. She only went one day and one evening this trip (plus one evening to Club Rush) only because we had too many other thngs to do.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantis kids club

Oh, as for male babysitters, my son is absolutely wonderful with kids and the best babysitter around - kids adore him and all the moms trust him completely. He doesn't do it anymore, other than for us, but not all guys are slime....

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantis kids club

Oh, as for male babysitters, my son is absolutely wonderful with kids and the best babysitter around - kids adore him and all the moms trust him completely. He doesn't do it anymore, other than for us, but not all guys are slime....

Massachusetts, USA
Level Contributor
956 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Atlantis kids club

Thanks Banana......

I have 2 boys and i know how boys can get really rough. Especially teen boys thats why we don't trust them to babysit. I hope you didn't take offense to that?? I feel that they aren't as nurturing and motherly as girl babysitter although I bet they would be more fun for my boys to play with.

I had a bad experience with a 10yr old boy who tried to get my then 4 year old to "make-out" with him. That was difficult to deal with. He was a neighbor who would come to play.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Atlantis kids club

If I remember correctly, the price for the morning session is $40.00 (9:00-12:00), afternoon is $45.00 (1:00-5:00). $60.00 for the full day (9:00-5:00). The price for the evening session is $60.00 (6:00-10:00). You can also pay $20.00 per hour in the evening.

Sometimes pizza is included in the evening program, but only if that is the theme of the night. On Willy Wonka night they get sweets. You will have to check with them beforehand to find out the theme and what you can expect as far as food.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Atlantis kids club

All day program including lunch was $90. Lunch was a burger with fries, hot dog with fries, or grilled cheese with fries. The grilled cheese was just cheese on a sesame seed bun though. And, a drink of course. The day my daughter went, they ate at the Seagrapes Lagoon; not sure if they do that every day.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Atlantis kids club

Karen - sorry about your experience. I didn't take offense - I know how young boys can be - see them in my daughter's classroom all the time. I didn't see any teens as counselors - the ones I saw were older women (30s and up) who definitely looked like they could handle any misbehavers! Not sure how nurturing though but I guess you can just ask for a pager if it would make you feel better. And, of course, you can do the tour at 12:15 before deciding whether it is right for your son.