We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Around Atlantis

TX
Level Contributor
46 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Around Atlantis

I keep reading about the amount of walking at Atlantis. We will have two kids with us, 8 & 10. They can walk, but they will whine. Is there a place to rent bikes or scooters for the kids to ride around the property? Other suggestions? We are staying at The Reef, so I understand we will have a bit of a walk to water slides and the marina. Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
atlanta
Level Contributor
561 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

there are free shuttles that run every 10 minutes or so between all of the towers. Don't know about bikes or scooters.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

Other than handicapped person scooters there are no regular scooters or bikes on the Atlantis property either outside in the water park/beaches or in the hallways and the Marina Village shops area.

on the move
Level Contributor
567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

No skate boards, hover boards or skates allowed either.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
161 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

The children will love Atlantis and I don't really think they'll whine about walking, because they'll be amazed at all they can do there! There's water slides, aquariums, caves to explore, lazy river rides, etc. If they don't have a great time there, they won't have a great time anywhere!

Oxford, Mississippi
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

Just got back from the Reef and we never waited more than 5 minutes for the shuttle. And if you walk, there is so much to see that the kids might not mind the walk.

MD
Level Contributor
726 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

I think your 8 and 10 year olds will be fine. We just got back from a 5 night trip with a 3 year old and we walked all over with him. Sure it took a bit of time but it was never an issue. We stayed at Coral Towers and would walk to the Cove beach and water park in that area pretty much daily.

Boston...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

The exaggerated amount of walking around the Atlantis is the most overblown thing in the world . Your walking along outdoor aquariums and a gorgeous beach . I went there with 3 kids under 7 and it never even crossed my mind to take a shuttle .

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Around Atlantis

We have been 3x & going again this July.

Our 1st trip the kids were 4 and 6 and I was worried about the walking like you; However, there is so much to keep their attention off of walking, aquariums, the beach and pools etc..

Never had a complaint from the kids about walking on our previous trips & have never taken the shuttle.

You should rest easy, your kids will Love it, & will not even realize how long the walk is anywhere on the property.

Hope this helps :)

Reply to: Getting Around Atlantis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted