We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Kansas City
Level Contributor
264 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Does anyone know the status of this restaurant? Only saw that it was opening early 2108 on the Jose Andres site. Nothing on Atlantis site...

15 replies to this topic
Kansas City
Level Contributor
264 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Anyone?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

We were down least week and the construction was going on but we couldn't see around the perimeter. Just a guess, it is a bit a aways from being open. Just a guess from what we saw.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

hello, my dad, actually is about to finish building the restaurant, fish by jose Andreas, which is located in the cove and will open April 9th

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Hi there, it's open! I believe it opened officially a week ago but I went over this past weekend and they're fully operational. It was pretty good too!

Villach, Austria
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Great design, bad food. Waiting time for the starter 40 minutes. Grouper salty. Management not interested in any concerns.

Terrible terrible not a dollar

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

Within easy walking distance is one of our favorite restaurants, The Blue Lagoon, located on the second floor of Club Land 'or. It's old Bahamas stye decor and charming and the fish is excellent. Service is as well. Open weekends only.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

reinhard829, your review makes me miss Mesa even more.

Hopefully they can get their act together in short order. New restaurant, new issues.

Sorry to hear about the way you were treated by staff and the food quality.

Hopefully it gets fixed in quickly.

Any other reviews of the new place?

Nanuet
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

worst food concept on the planet.....nothing comes out at the same time ...main courses are served when ready..... in other words if you are dining with 4 people as we were, each course comes out when ready..... appetizers came out after entres .... no bread is available and cocktails are mini cocktails at best and over priced..... stay away!!!

Jose Andres grand opening hopefully should be followed up by a grand closing.....

SHELTON CT
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

I love your advice Shmirl. But we tried Blue Lagoon once and it was not good. Four meals and no one happy.

Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove

We ate there on May 19, 2018.

It was absolutely delicious!

They do explain the concept of the food coming out when ready when you first arrive. Allows you the chance to control it a little better. Meaning I wouldn't order my dinner until our appetizers were on the table etc.

My husband's dinner did come out first but mine was less than 5 minutes behind.

Ask for Demeko for your server. (hopefully I spelled his name correctly)

He was so attentive, made a really cool video on my phone showing us celebrating our anniversary, the highlights of the restaurant decor and food specialties. His enthusiasm for the place, the concept and his job is infectious. We'll cherish it forever.

Everything we ate was incredible and I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again. I haven't reviewed it for TA yet but I will.

Edited: 24 May 2018, 01:36
Reply to: Fish by Jose Andres at Cove
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted