We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Butler Tipping?

NJ
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Butler Tipping?

I know that Sandals has a general no tipping policy, but the exception would be for Butler service.

Can anyone suggest the proper tips for the Butler.

Thank You

Dennis

washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

Keep in mind that there are 3 butlers you'll have to tip as they work as a team. It's customary to tip each one on the last day you see them (which may occur a day or 2 before you leave - depending on their shifts, but they will let you know).

As for the dollar value, it would depend on how much you appreciated their services. We loved the service and all the perks and wouldn't do Sandals any other way now. I tipped each of them $60. I felt this was an extremely good tip as it accounted for ~$30/day for our stay. Some people have posted that they tip each of the butler's differently, depending on how much services they provided, or the level of those services. That is entirely up to you.

Hope this helps,

Rick

NJ
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

How many nights did you stay?

You tipped $180 for all 3 butlers, we will be there for 10 nights so I am trying to figure out what I should tip.

Thanks again.

Regards

Dennis

washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

I stayed 7 nights, and tipped each butler $60 ($180 total). Hope that helps!

Rick

illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

interesting....before i left for my vacation at beaches (with a butler)....i was given a form that asked my food preferences, beverage preference etc...at the bottom of the form, it said tip $10-15 per day (didnt say per butler or total)....at the end of my stay (8 days, 7 nights)...i asked at the front desk because i was second guessing myself...they told me standard is $50 per day per butler...you do the math...we had two butlers ($100 per day) and stayed 8 days...$800 is what i paid in butler tips! kinda shocking to me....

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
753 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

We stayed at Sandals Dunns last fall and tipped each butler (we had 2) $20 per day if they worked a full shift or $10 if it was a half shift because that happened a couple times. But it's totally up to you don't feel obligated by any means to tip any amount it's based on how you feel they served you. Some days they may do a lot and others they may do almost nothing. I tip my butlers each day instead of waiting until the end this way it's based on what they have done that day. I don't know hope this helps it's always a confusing topic.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

>>they told me standard is $50 per day per butler...

LOL, they must of been dating one of your butlers

Oregon
Level Contributor
432 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

While at Sandals Whitehouse we tipped out butlers on the last day...we gave them each $200 for a 8 night stay...our friends who traveled with us did the same. The Butler service is what made the trip for us. They were the best. Read my review for the resort...it talks about everything they did for us.

I know it isn't SRB...but it should give some insight. We have been to SRB...not butler service but concierge...and loved it so much we are going back in a few weeks!!!!

houston, texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

When you checked out was the tip amount added to your charges for the week? I thought the amount was determined by how you the customer felt the butlers performed. Did the resort make you pay $50/per day per butler?

Thanks,

houston, texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

When you checked out was the tip amount added to your charges for the week? I thought the amount was determined by how you the customer felt the butlers performed. Did the resort make you pay $50/per day per butler?

Thanks,

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Butler Tipping?

What you choose to tip the butler is up to you. We had the same butler the whole week so we tipped him accordingly, we didn't ask him to do too much, sometimes he just simply called to see if we needed anything so we tipped what was fair based on what he did for us. Some people there had multiple butlers, but we were lucky.