We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
40 helpful votes
Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

My fiance and I have our tickets to the Bahamas for our honeymoon this Labor Day weekend. We are still undecided over which Sandals to choose - Emerald Bay or Royal Bahamian.

We are both 40, never been to any Sandals resort, prefer more lively environment and activities. The golf at Emerald Bay is really not a factor - can anyone please help us in making this decision? I didn't see a very big difference in price for the entry level rooms.

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
928 posts
55 reviews
308 helpful votes
1. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

If you want liveliness and entertainment, then Emerald Bay wouldn't be for you. It is very qiuet and secluded and on a remote island, which is what we loved about it. Though we've not been to Royal Bahamian, based on our research it is closer to shopping and off-resort activities and will have a busy beach and more lively atmosphere.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
809 reviews
997 helpful votes
2. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

When you mean you have tickets, did you mean tickets for flights? If so, these resorts are on different islands and hence, different airports. SEB you fly into GGT and SRB you fly into NAS.

Agree with above about "lively", SRB is located on an island with more access to activities off resort. There is a jitney that will take you to downtown ($1.25/person each way) as well as a ferry to take you to Paradise Island.

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

Sandals Royal Bahamian will be a better choice. Emerald Bay is on a remote island that needs to be explored by car or boat. My wife and I have been to SRB 8 times and going again this Sept. You will love this resort.Emerald Bay is also very nice but more laid back. As far as rooms at SRB you can get the honeymoon suite for 200 more than an entry level room, as they are having a 65% off sale now. Any more questions just ask.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,822 posts
47 reviews
254 helpful votes
4. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

based on your preference for a lively atmosphere, I agree with all the posters above!

And please take note of Nikko's post re the different islands and airports....

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
40 helpful votes
5. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

WOW!! Thank you so much for the information - I guess our decision has been made based on the airport info. We had no idea SEB was a different airport - since they're both listed as "The Bahamas" on the Sandals website. Sandals Royal Bahamian it is!

Really appreciate that clarification. I'm so glad we checked here, it's great to get "real world" opinions from people who have already been.

We're only going for 5 days (9/5 to 9/10) so we don't qualify for the full 65% off - but it's still a decent price.

Any suggestions on which rooms / buildings we should choose? I'd really like a patio or a balcony - Royal Windsor Suite Tower? Royal Village? Windsor Grande Luxe?

Thanks again so much - we can't wait!!

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

Royal Winsor Tower has more balconys. The Village is 2 story villas and have patio space on lower level rooms. And they are in the gardens away from everything.But just a few steps away. I prefer the Windsor Tower. My wife and I will be there 9/5 to 9/12 You will be on your honeymoon and we will be celebrating a birthday and anniversary. You are really going to enjoy this resort. Your trip gets you 55% off. Why not book one more nite or book 7 and pay for six as you get one nite free and 65% off. Also Sandals has a sale for free companion air fare on certain rooms. There are some room videos on youtube. Congrats. Anymore questions just ask.

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
7. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

All most fogot. Any room in the Windsor building will get you good views as long as it is an inside room as I call it. Any room you can see from the pool is what I call an inside room. You will get a view of the pool/garden/ocean depending on what floor you are on. But the again how much time are you going to spend in your room. An outside room gets you a view of the gardens and the neighboring properties.

8. Re: Sandals Royal Bahamian or Sandals Emerald Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 07:50