We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the "Dig"

Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
the "Dig"

We will be in Nassau for one day in early Nov. I have been reading the posts on what to do for the day. What is the Dig? What kind of weather should we expect? Thanks!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the "Dig"

The dig is an underground aquarium adventure at the Atlantis. It is meant to simulate the "Lost World of Atlantis". During the day you can take a guided tour for around $30. After 7 p.m, the guards and guides disappear, and while it is supposed to be for guests only, you are not discouraged from wandering in. I've never had a problem walking around. It takes about 20-30 min. to walk thru. It's interesting, but I wouldn't spend $30 to go thru it.

Personally, I think the whole Atlantis thing is over-rated and over-priced, but perhaps worth seeing at least once. You can take the ferry from the ship dock for $3, but they stop running by about 5.30 or so.

Weather in Nov. could be anywhere from sunny and high 70's to a hurricane.

Plan your day well. The day goes fast

Texas
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the "Dig"

Everyname

What time frame is your ship in? (all day, partial day, overnight) also are you bringing kids along or just adults? If you are brining kids and there for a full day a day room at the Atlantis would be nice so you could see the digs and ride the slides and lounge around the beach. Just depends on who is in your party and what your time frame is. As for weather, hey Texas was predicted to have another drought this year and it has rained at least a little every day. Who can tell what Nassau will do???? I don't follow any long-range predictions at all.

Texas
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the "Dig"

carib4fun-

No children on this trip, just the hubby and myself. Our ship docks at 11:00 am and departs at 1:00 am. Any suggestions or must dos. We just returned from Oahu and snorkeled a lot. So I will save snorkeling activities for our stop at Cococay. Thanks!

Commerce, GA
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: the "Dig"

Nassau is fun just to walk around in. When you get off the ship you will go through the indoor market. Take a left when you exit through the gates and down the main street about 4-5 blocks down you will be at the straw market. If you like to shop and haggle this is the place for you if you keep walking all the way through it you will be in downtown Nassau with lots of shops and restaurants. We really enjoyed the Pirates of Nassau pirate museum. We had about 13 teenagers with us so we wanted to beach in the afternoon so we took a big van taxi to the beach over next to the Comfort Suites and Atlantis. I think it's called Cabbage Beach but the taxis all know it. It was gorgeous with big waves and a long public beach just to walk and relax on. Later we took the same taxi to Atlantis to walk through the dig (for free) and it empties into their gift shop. It was cool but I definitely would've felt ripped off if I had spent money to go through it.

5. Re: the "Dig"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 02:49