We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Grocery store

Looking for suggestions for grocery stores located in Nassau.. and approx how far from the cruise port are they?

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
777 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Grocery store

There’s a small one right near the cruise ship docks on Frederick Street. Further west in Cable Beach there are two - City Market and Super Value. You’d need to take a cab, or you can catch the #10 jitney. It costs $1.25 and there’s a bus stop in front of McDonalds across the street from the British Colonial Hilton.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Grocery store

Thanks for the info. What do you think a cab would cost to get to those from cruise port? How long of a walk? Are there other shops/restaurants near those grocery stores as well?

Thanks

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
17,119 posts
3. Re: Grocery store

It's a long, long walk from the downtown area. If you can find Melia on the map, it's a little past that. It is really cost effective to take the Jitney. Between the two grocery stores, there's a Wendy's and a Papa Johns pizza..

The grocery store on the little strip mall by the Wendy's supposedly has better variety. I can not say for sure because I never visited the first one.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
777 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Grocery store

Super Value is the one near Wendy’s. It’s much nicer and larger than City Market. It’s also a bit farther west. Way too far to walk. If you get on the jitney, just tell the driver where you want to go. Going back, you can catch the jitney back into town on the other side of the street from where they drop you off. It will drop you off st the end of their route, right in the middle of downtown Nassau, a couple of blocks from the dock.

Taxi fares are regulated, I’m guessing it would be around $20-$25 each way.

Level Contributor
32 posts
5. Re: Grocery store

I would like to know the same information! We are staying at Campass Point. Would it be about the same price if we used a food delivery service by time we pay cab fare?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
777 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Grocery store

Probably pretty close. I’ve looked into the services, but was always a bit concerned about them picking produce.

If it matters, there’s a liquor store in the same center as Super Value. You could pick up beer and other things like that on the same trip.

Level Contributor
32 posts
7. Re: Grocery store

Thank you! Liquor store was my next question. I'll do both at the same time!

on the move
Level Contributor
589 posts
8. Re: Grocery store

BradL, There is a small grocery store just a block from the cruise port (Bayside Grocer). Plenty of shops, liquor stores, restaurants, etc in the area.

9. Re: Grocery store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2018, 07:37

Level Contributor
32 posts
10. Re: Grocery store

Thank you so much for all the information!

Reply to: Grocery store
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted