We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

Level Contributor
36 posts
Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

My boyfriend has given me a task to plan our first vacation and I am in awe with these Countries.

Which would you recommend for a young couple?

5 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

Anguilla is the nicest of them all, however it is very very laid back with not much to so except the beach and honestly I am not sure how much is back up and running

I loved Antigua and so many beautiful beaches

I love the Bahamas been many many times, also beautiful beaches and so much to so day and night

Never been to Barbados

Edited: 14 October 2018, 21:28
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

Anguilla is awesome. Best beaches in the world. IMO :). Never been to the other three islands you recommend. But trying to get to Bahamas soon. As the other poster said, Anguilla is all about the beaches. But in addition to relaxing on the beach you can do a boat snorkeling trip on chocolate. Have lunch at Davidas in crocus bay then rent a kayak and go to little bay. Secluded bay only accessible by water. Day trip or sunset cruise on Traditions. Scilly cay for lunch. Lot of amazing restaurants for the "foodie" at heart :). Sunset drinks at Fiur Seasons. Anguilla is laid back and quiet and if that is what you are looking for it may be perfect. Last time there after a week we finished our stay with three days on the French side of St Martin at Bleu Emeraude. Loved this place. Check out their website :). Enjoy wherever you end up :)

boston
Level Contributor
650 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

I’ve been to all and would agree Anguilla has incredible beaches, but it’s very quiet. And maybe more suited to less adventurous people. Of the four, I would choose Barbados. Beaches are great. The nightlife is great. Rent a car and explore the island. Cat trip was fun. Great golfing (sandy lane wow). You won’t be bored!

Level Contributor
36 posts
4. Re: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

Thank You

Level Contributor
36 posts
5. Re: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados

Thank You

Reply to: Bahamas, Antigua, Anguilla or Barbados
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted