We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphins !!

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Dolphins !!

Hello,

I'm planning on heading over from Miami to Nassau in January in 2019 - as a family of 7 we are looking to swim with dolphins, not just touch or watch them but really have a great experience. I have also been thinking about the pig beach as well, but as there are 7 of us it all makes it quite expensive.

Could anyone recommend where - in jan - that would be best for this? And if flying from Miami to Nassau is the best option, also if anyone has been in January what is it like?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks. X

56 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphins !!

Most people consider it inhumane to swim with the dolphins. Inform yourself first by reading up on the practice and why it is considerer cruel. RSPCA has a good explanation.

on the move
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphins !!

Blue lagoon would be my pick. You can read about the care and conservation on their website. Dolphin encounters.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphins !!

watch the movie "the Cove"

it has changed my feeling about this..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphins !!

i second blue lagoon, great experience with the dolphins, several options to choose from ranging from just watching to swimming with dolphins - which is way cool. In addition, blue lagoon island is also pretty neat, and the short boat ride over gives you a neat perspective on Nassau and paradise island.

keep in mind, in January, the water may be a bit chilly, but if I remember correctly you can get a wet suit.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphins !!

Absolutely, if you inform yourself about the cruelties of keeping dolphins for swimming with tourists and still do it there is something really wrong with you.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphins !!

It's 2018, please be informed and reconsider this Inhumane activity.

If tourists keep paying to do this,,,,it will continue

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphins !!

Well said.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
36 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphins !!

Well said.

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphins !!

This is a hot topic on the Cuban forum...posters who want to swim with captive Dolphins get bashed big time!

Now the pigs seem like fun :)

anywhere
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolphins !!

good lord, here we go again, the self righteous nay sayers.... They have yet to offer up any proof as to the "cruelty" and "inhumane" practices associated with Bahamas dolphin swims. At the same time, they continue to be absolutely hypocritical in their stance.

Go for it and enjoy! an incredible experience you

Reply to: Dolphins !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted