We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship private island

Aruba
3 posts
Save Topic
Cruise ship private island

I've been on a cruise to Bahamas years ago. There was a private island that we spent the day at. Does anyone know the name of it and can other tourists go to it if we are not with a CRUISE SHIP? I remember it was a lot of fun and so relaxing. Would love to go again. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has. We will be going 4/20 Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
5 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,963 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship private island

You can read about Castaway Cay here:

https:/…85

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship private island

CoCo Cay?

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship private island

What website is good to look for a cruise ship?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship private island

There are at least 3 private islands used by cruise ships. All are only for cruise ship guests and not available to the public. Do you recall which cruise line you were on?

There are some 700+ islands in the Bahamas, so not hard to find one with a nice beach and beautiful water!

Where are you going 4/20? On a cruise or flying into Nassau?

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship private island

Are you talking about this island? https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nassau,+The+Bahamas/@25.085094,-77.4075108,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x892f7c99b981dbc9:0x2aef01d3485e50d2!8m2!3d25.0479835!4d-77.355413

Part of it is used by a cruise line and the other part is used by the Sandals Royal Bahamian resort. Sandals is adult couples only, so if the "we" you are talking about is a couple, you could buy a day pass at Sandals ($115 pp and not available if the resort is at capacity) and would have access to the island, as well as food, drinks, water sports, etc. You wouldn't have access to the part of the island that is used by the cruise line, but I can tell you that Sandals' portion is very nice.

Mentioned in this post
Nassau
Nassau
New Providence Island
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
Sandals Royal Bahamian...
9,606 Reviews
New Providence Island
Reply to: Cruise ship private island