We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
66 reviews
What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

Is this hotel open for business? Does it accept reservations for short stay? What is the "talk" about it? I am looking for new places to stay on New Providence that are secluded but offer great amenities. Thanks

London
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
1. Re: What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

Albany is the most fantastic resort I have ever been to - the amenities are incredible and it puts anything in New Providence way in the shade. Their "hotel" are 3-4 bed villas that, while not cheap, are incredibly furnished and luxurious. Our kids had a great time. They have a huge kids club at $10 per day! Waterpark. Golf course was designed by Ernie Els. Tiger's boat was there. Food incredible and not expensive. Superfast fire optic broadband. We book through their website and a girl emailed us back.

Would recommend to everyone though the pricing is not for everyone. The gym was the best I have ever seen... anywhere! We are going back for sure... we always used to stay in a 4 Seasons but no longer...!!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
2. Re: What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

It is indeed lovely. I've not stayed, but often visit for lunch or to meet up with friends. But it is isolated, and being on the far wouth western end of the island, it is not really close to anything else tourism related -- with the exception of Stuart Cove's dive place and the Clifton Hertiage National Park. So unless you plan to spend your entire holiday inside the confines of Albany, you will need to consider renting a car or paying a lot for taxis.

Albany is primarily a residential area -- a gated commuity club that happens to have a few villas for rent. There is the marina, and the golf course, recreation facilities, as well as clubhouse, restaurant and pools, but little else.

West End, Honduras
Level Contributor
116 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

I read where he is trying to sell the 155' boat Privacy and get this one, Is this his boat? LMAO

snopes.com/photos/…woodsyacht.jpg

LOL

4. Re: What's the scoop on the Albany Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:49
Get answers to your questions about New Providence Island