We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking on 2 broken feet!

on the lake
Level Contributor
197 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Walking on 2 broken feet!

Just my luck! Our trip is a few weeks away and I have a stress fracture in not one...but BOTH feet! My Dr said it would be ok to go but not to walk very much. We are staying at Harborside.

My question is: How much walking will there be from Harborside to Atlantis? We had planned on just browsing and finding a good place for dinner...but now I won't be able to walk very far. Would it be better to do the dining plan at Atlantis? Its so expensive and even after that the gratuity would be what we normally planned to spend on dinner.

If we had trip insurance I would just cancel... but to late for that!

any advice would be great!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking on 2 broken feet!

Wow .. sorry to hear about your injury.

There's a shuttle bus from harbourside to Atlantis.. not too far depending on which building you are in.. but once you get to Atlantis.. everything is so spread out you'll be doing tons of walking.

Is it bad enough that you might consider renting a wheel chair or some other mobilitiy device.

Even just walking to the restaurants from the main entrance will be a pain..

Dining plan won't help... you still have to get there..

Take a look at the restaurant locations on the map and plan on taking the shuttle to the nearest entrance.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking on 2 broken feet!

Many local drugstores (Walgreens, CVS) in the USA sell walkers with seats and wheels. These are very portable and would travel well. you would shift a good deal of weight on your upper body, hence taking a lot of pressure off of your feet.

So sorry that this happened to you! Maybe your Doc would write you a script for a mobility device. The walkers are fairly inexpensive and using one in combination with using hotel shuttles, would allow you more dining options.

Hope you have a good trip in spite of your injury!!

on the lake
Level Contributor
197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking on 2 broken feet!

Presently I am using crutches and my mothers walker (with a seat and basket). I was hoping to be able to walk by the time I go...but I know I won't be able to walk far.

I'm very disappointed that I won't get to play on the water slides. I hope to at least to laze at the beach and try the lazy river.

Look for me if anyone is there. I'll be the one in the "old lady shoes" lol

4. Re: Walking on 2 broken feet!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 15:50
Get answers to your questions about New Providence Island