We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest beach on the island vs. Atlantis?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
62 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest beach on the island vs. Atlantis?

We are six adults taking a 2 week trip in the Exumas, first stop for four nights is Nassau, then onto Cape Santa Maria followed by Georgetown. I was initially thinking to stay at Atlantis (I am an owner at Harborside), but my first preference would be a beachfront home on the nicest smoothest swimming beach. Any beaches that are better than Atlantis beaches where I should look for a home rental? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2 replies to this topic
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
6,078 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest beach on the island vs. Atlantis?

Love Beach, Old Fort Bay Beach, Lyford Cay Beach are all very nice beaches -- usually calm. The latter 2 have completely sandy entrances with no rocks or corals, and Love does have areas of better access than others. All of these beaches are uncrowded and offer little amenities. OFB and LC would require a rental in upscale gated communities ($$) and access to the beaches there are through club membership -- you'd need to have a sponsor in order to access, unless you were to rent a home directly on the beach. But those are the best beaches on NP.

However, that said, since you're going to Cape Santa Maria, which is quite possibly one of the nicest beaches in the Bahamas, you'd have a hard time finding something even comparable in Nassau/New Providence/Paradise Island. I'd maybe have a look at the new Baha Mar hotels on Cable Beach instead for those 4 days!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
62 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest beach on the island vs. Atlantis?

Thanks for the feedback! I do have Hyatt points so I will take a look at the Hyatt Baha Mar!

Reply to: Nicest beach on the island vs. Atlantis?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted