We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand BahaMar Cancellation - JetBlue Vacations package

JL7
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Grand BahaMar Cancellation - JetBlue Vacations package
Save

Hi all,

I booked a Jetblue Vacations package in March 2021 for the Bahamas this December 2021.

I have the flight details in the Jetblue confirmation email but literally only have the name of the hotel listed in the email and no other info about the hotel. It just says Grand Baha Mar hotel and the check in and check out dates.

Anyway, I need to cancel my trip entirely simply because CDC announced that the Bahamas is now a Level 4 and I am not taking that chance with my husband and 2 very young children.

I called JB Vacations, said cancelling flights will just get me a credit to book flights within one year but to contact Hotel if any penalties for cancelling. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? I cannot even check my hotel reservation on the actual hotel website because I never really got an actual confirmation code for the hotel booking, since again, it was booked via JB Vacations. Going to call the hotel tomorrow but do you think I'll pay for canceling? Grand Baha Mar hotel states on website "Risk Free 24 Hours Cancellation before your arrive."

1 reply
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
1. Re: Grand BahaMar Cancellation - JetBlue Vacations package
Save

Sorry I can't offer any help with your question about cancellation.

It is a risky time to travel, but FWIW the CDC has also placed the US under Level 4:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

Staying at Baha Mar you are surrounded by people who are vaccinated and have had a recent negative Covid test.

Reply to: Grand BahaMar Cancellation - JetBlue Vacations package
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.