We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim with Pigs from Nassau

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
249 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Swim with Pigs from Nassau

We are staying in Nassau for my husband's work. Would LOVE to swim with the pigs on the other island.

I found 1 operator and they want $400/person for a day excursion! That seems awful high for a day excursion. Am I missing something? Does anyone know other vendors who are not as high priced OR is this just what it is b/c of the "novelty" of the activity?

Thanks.

1 reply
Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim with Pigs from Nassau

$400 seems on the low side actually for a trip to the Exumas to see the pigs. It's a 65 mile trip over open water in some places -- each way! So you're spending a lot of time bouncing around on possibly rough water, exposed to sun, wind and maybe even rain. I'd really think carefully about how much you want to do this trip!

If you just want to see pigs, any pigs, then there are pigs popping up everywhere on many of the islands by enterprising local looking to get in on the pig craze. Maybe one of the closer trips might suit you!

Reply to: Swim with Pigs from Nassau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted