We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bimini or Atlantis..

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Bimini or Atlantis..

I stayed in Atlantis in June and loved it but I have never been to Bimini. My mom & stepdad did meet us in Nassau but not for the Atlantis part of our trip. We booked an Airbnb and did more of a local experience, which we LOVED! But, for their anniversary my siblings and I are planning a getaway for them. I was hoping to give my mom the relaxing on a beach aspect of the trip since that’s not what we did last time. However, they always love to explore and learn the culture. They aren’t necessarily all about the resort style of the island except for the having drinks on a beautiful beach part. So if they went to Bimini I’m sure they would want to explore some since they have never been. If they went to Nassau again hands down I know they would return to Fish Fry Distrcit and explore a few spots we didn’t have time to. Basically, I feel like they would be perfectly happy with either but I was wondering if they would enjoy Bimini more just for the simple fact of it not being a huge waterpark and overcrowded with kids, or if the relaxation of Atlantis just can’t be beat? Basically we don’t want to overpay for an Atlantis trip if they can get the same vibe in Bimini and enjoy it just as much. Also, I really want to explore Bimini at some point so any tips at all would be appreciated!!

2 replies to this topic
1. Re: Bimini or Atlantis..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2018, 19:38

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
40 posts
2. Re: Bimini or Atlantis..

Thanks!! You helped me with my trip to Nassau this summer. We had a blast! I did Atlantis with my kids & when my parents arrived we stayed downtown in an Airbnb & got to experience the real Bahamas as much as we could in our short time. I wish more people would take time to explore Nassau and the local spots because that was the highlight of our trip. All of the negative reviews I read about Nassau clearly didn’t try local! We met some of the most amazing people. :)

I definitely do want to try Bimini & plan to myself. I guess because I’ve been to Atlantis I know what to expect & what my parents will enjoy. With Bimini all I have is reviews & I really haven’t found much & some have been mixed. Are you familiar with any local areas in Bimini that are worth visiting? My parents love relaxing on the beach with a drink in their hand but they really enjoy experiencing the culture & meeting locals. Basically they like the mix of both worlds..the vacation vibe but being able to see more than just built up resort chains. We learned quickly in Nassau to avoid chain restaraunts at all costs..nothing could compare to the local Bahamian food and the service they provided.

Reply to: Bimini or Atlantis..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted