We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

Burbank, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

Hi,

so me and the wife purchase one of those over the phone vacation; which we have done in the past with no issues. Of course we did this without looking into the reviews, looking at the reviews, we are seeing people complaining about the extra fees. When I called and talked to Marcus (very rude) and questioned him about the fees, he told me that someone will call me back in 24hrs. I than asked him if he can check our contract and it states "Waive tender fees". He said there is no booking fees, when I asked if the reviews of extra hidden fees were true, he started to back track and say he was not the person who deals with this. I than continued to about the contract and what does the "Waive tender fees" mean. HE HUNG ON ME!!! Please if someone has dealt with this, help us. Thank you

33 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
18,278 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

You're on the wrong forum. Try the Cruise forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com Did you really buy something over the phone ??? Perhaps you should call the State Attorney General's office. Did you give them a credit card? Call them immediately and have the charge stopped for fraudulent sales. You might also double check on any information you gave these people. It sounds as if you got scammed big time. https:/…bahamasroyal.com

Edited: 02 May 2017, 06:26
New Brunswick, New...
2 posts
2. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

I have dealt with them and they have hidden fees which are not indicated upon promotion. I asked all sorts of questions but when it was time 2 book trip they charge you booking fees. Also package purchased such as free breakfast and being able to choose from their hotels is FALSE. Everything is a scam and it is not worth it no matter how good it seems.

Plus they have rude employees and supervisors..

1 post
3. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

I agree that this is a TOTAL SCAM!! I asked them several times about extra fees, cancellation policies, etc. and they said no fees, and essentially you need to cancel within 24 hours! Stupid me for signing up anyway after they continued to add all kinds of so-called included vacation nights, but as soon as I tried to use the first few, not only are their extra "reservation or resort fees", so I tried to cancel the entire thing and they said I was outside the 30 day window! What 30 day window, I asked and they said it was in their terms & conditions, which I never saw and they never disclosed. PURE SCAM and now I am trying to dispute with my credit card company. Don't waste your time with this clan, HANG UP ON THEM FIRST!

Altamonte Springs...
2 posts
4. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

I have dealt with them as well. The first thing we all need to realize is OF COURSE there are going to be some extra expenses. Could you really expect there not to be some? I got 3 ALL INCLUSIVE trips that were worth well over $3000 each for less than $1000. If you can't afford to travel, then don't. If a $25/night fee is too much for you to, then just stay home or go to the park. It's free. Seriously, yes there are some fees. But nothing significant. And also, the fact that you might pay a little extra for a holiday is a blessing. At least you CAN travel on those days instead of them being blacked out. Traveling isn't cheap.... this is a good deal if you know anything about travel. I've already taken 2 of the 3 trips, ALL INCLUSIVE, with my family and I'm VERY satisfied with the whole package. The resorts were clean and had incredible food. I will for sure travel with them again.

JB

1 post
5. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

TOTAL SCAM!! They said I had 3 years to use my vacations but needed to book within 45 days. Well here we are one year later I am planning my trip but since I didn't reserve within a year my whole package is canceled and I just gave away $504!! (Its in the fine print that I was never told about and also very confused because my receipt said 45 days!) Oh but I can extend the reservation deadline if I give them another $399!!!! Are you kidding me! They are no different then the scammers stealing your debit and credit cards! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING! HANG UP! HANG UP! HANG UP!

1 post
6. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

Its a total scam ppl. Plz do not book anything with them from the bottom of my heart just trying to safe you a headache :( just flew to orlando from LA for nothing

1 post
7. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

I won this trip through a Spanish radio station. Has anyone won this trip or you just answered a survey over the phone? Has anyone actually gone? Is this real? My trip is set for October but I didn't make the reservations quite yet

Silver Spring...
1 post
8. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

It's total bs, I called the hotels they mentioned to confirm if they've worked with Bahamas Royal and they had never heard of them. Get your money back if you can!!!

Altamonte Springs...
2 posts
9. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

Of course the hotels never heard of them, they work with the timeshare companies. They are one of hundreds of companies that schedule tours and keep people coming in to view timeshare opportunities. This forum is badmouthing a company that is saving the consumer literally thousands of dollars in travel just for viewing the timeshare for 90 minutes. Unreal

St. George, Utah
1 post
1 review
10. Re: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????

I was suckered into this today. This guy names Jonathan Wight promised me this great plan 5 days/4 nights all inclusive stay in Cancun plus 4 day/3 nights Daytona beach and 4 days/3 nights in Orlando and a week free car rental. As I was transferred to the next guy he had this great package also 5 day/4 night Cabo all inclusive plus 2 free 4day/3night stays and you can stay anywhere. You also get upgraded to the Diamond preferred stay so you get all of these extras. Jonathan listed his number as 1-877-744-5102 and when I called it was their customer service number. I paid $200 for one trip and $212.00 for another trip. I looked my bank online to see the company name to check them out and then it brought up all of these issues. It appears there are many sad customers out there. They took the money from my bank today and I have requested a fraud check and to get my money back. We'll see how this works out. I have an E-mail from them that I'm supposed to sign and then they will send me the information on the trips. I was told by the bank not to sign anything and to wait until the fraud department gets back with me. I'll keep you posted on my success of getting my money back.

Reply to: who has dealt with Bahamas Royal Vacationer?????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted