We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
7,132 posts
6 reviews
Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Please share your experience with getting or NOT getting a full refund for a booked trip after Irma. Many of us will remember how we are/were treated when booking in the future.

Our trip is booked with Caribbean Villas. If we cancel they would keep 20% of our deposit even if the property is inhabitable. I know it is because of the aerial pictures. The only contact has been initiated by me and they have given me zero information other than I can cancel and forfeit 20% or it can be applied to a future rental with them. Their main office is on the east coast and the owner was supposed to go to STJ two weeks ago to survey all their rentals. Our trip isn't until the end of April and we do have trip insurance, so we are crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

Very poor customer service IMHO.

358 replies to this topic
Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
1 review
1. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Villa South Palm refunded all future bookings even though they are ready to accept visitors as soon as power is restored as the owners were there during Irma and have seen the island first hand and want their future guests to decide when THEY want to come back and visit and not force them to come back to an island that might not look like they imagined recognizing guests save long and hard for their vacations..

http://www.villasouthpalm.com

James Marc Miller Properties - fabulous ..

https://www.jamesmmillerpropertymanagement.c…

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
1 review
2. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Maybe at the top we should say GOOD or BAD so it is easy to spot so I am reposting ..

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
1 review
3. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

GOOD

James Marc Miller Properties - https://www.jamesmmillerpropertymanagement.c…

Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Love this thread. The jury is still out on my step-daughter's reservation in March. Absolutely zero communication from the management company so far. We are still giving them the benefit of the doubt until power is restored.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
1 review
5. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

GOOD

Villa South Palm refunded all future bookings even though they are ready to accept visitors as soon as power is restored as the owners were there during Irma and have seen the island first hand and want their future guests to decide when THEY want to come back and visit and not force them to come back to an island that might not look like they imagined recognizing guests save long and hard for their vacations..

http://www.villasouthpalm.com

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
7,132 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I watched the old Clint Eastwood movie yesterday.......😜 Should we start over and delete this one?

Friendsville...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I am in the same boat as your step-daughter SusanFarley. Still waiting for a refund for our March visit. No response from agency yet. Waiting on power to be restor d as well.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 20:43
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Good, Bad and Ugly. Excellent idea to organize it this way.

Some of the businesses on STJ are exposing a side of themselves that hasn't been seen before---and they don't look very good. Makes you never want to do business with them again. Other businesses are acting responsibly, fairly and honorably. Not talking about the villa itself, but about how the owner/mgmt company does business. This is something to remember the next time you decide who to give your business to.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 20:46
Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
378 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Hopefully, now that there is a thread naming names and taking no prisoners, it might "help" some villa owners and management companies who were "on the fence" - to do the right thing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

I second the good on Marc Miller. Responsive, honest, helpful!!

Reply to: Owners & Mgmt Co's- The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted