We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing license

Berkley, Ma.
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing license

Does anyone know if you need a fishing license in St. Thomas? My dad plans on doing some fishing and would like to know if he needs a license. He was also wondering if it was aloud to fish off the beach at very early hours of the morning? Any info would be great.

McDonald Pa
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing license

I have been trying to find info on fishing for some time now. I do know you DO NOT need a fishing license to fish in St. Thomas as long as it is for recreational fishing which I am sure it will be. Only people who are fishing as a business need a permit. Also I have been

told that you can fish from shore at beaches that are

a little out of the way. I don't think it is appropriate to fish while people are enjoying the beach. I am not sure about the early morning hours. Some research lead me to find an area called Mandahl Bay where it says you can sometimes find locals fishing

from the rocks. You can also go on www.vinow.com and look for the fishing link. This will tell you the recreational fishing rules. Does provide some information. Another poster recommended possibly fishing at Cabrita Point. We are going to ask around (the locals) when we arrive in 3 days! I will try to reply back when we return and let you know if we had any luck. We are taking a pole, and some saltwater baits so who knows. Hope it was worth hauling it to the airport. GOOD LUCK!

2. Re: Fishing license

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas