We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st, croix beaches

plymouth
Level Contributor
121 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
st, croix beaches

can anyone tell me if feb. or march is a good time to vaca in st.croix..what about seaweed, bugs etc. and what area is the best beach.

5 replies to this topic
Crystal Springs...
Level Contributor
878 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st, croix beaches

The island is ringed with "best beaches" ... They are everywhere ... we prefer Davis Bay beach. It's a tropical island in the Caribbean so bugs are year round ... although know we have never found that to be an issue. We don't even use bug spray. To keep bugs out of your kitchen simply use sealed containers for all your foods. As far as sargassum is concerned in all of our trips we have seen the stuff once in a salt pond and yes it was funky. But other areas around the island had none. I've been doing some online research this morning due to the sargassum reports and it appears the North Atlantic Equatorial Current is responsible for pushing the recent landfalling patches. Disclaimer here I am not a marine biologist although I have lived by oceans all my life. My opinion is that Feb and March is a good time to visit. Although it is the high end season. We have 9 trips to STX and never been disappointed.

plymouth
Level Contributor
121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st, croix beaches

thank you for the info...appreciate itit

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st, croix beaches

Feb. or march is high season for a reason, moderate temperatures on STX, winter most everywhere else. Excellent time to visit STX unless you don't like crowds and crowds on STX aren't much. We may still have lingering Christmas winds in Feb or March, that's hit or miss, we have more this year during that time than usual.

plymouth
Level Contributor
121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st, croix beaches

thank you for all your help

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: st, croix beaches

We've enjoyed the jacks and isaacs beaches. Park on the Far East end of the,m island. . Leave your car unlocked and nothing inside. Walk about 20 minutes to the beaches....remote.....beautiful...awesome ....no services.....take all you'll need....you'll probably have it all to yourself!!

Reply to: st, croix beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted