We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance

Sayville, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Walking distance
Save

My family and I are staying at the Margaritaville St. Thomas resort are there restaurants in walking distance? I wasn’t planning on renting a car. Please advise.

3 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Walking distance
Save

Need a car or need a taxi. Heck it’s a decent walk just from your room to the road. Add in heat and rain, no fun. There is a little casual spot that you can walk along the beach to that is technically at another hotel. And of course the restaurant on site that is not super tasty.

Bring small bills ($1 $5) for the taxi and remember that you pay per person. I would bring a few hundred personally.

Edited: 19 August 2021, 19:26
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
22,343 posts
17 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: Walking distance
Save

During the daylight hours you can pick up one of the passing safari buses at the main entrance which will take you along the main road past Point Pleasant and Sapphire (restaurants at both) and into Red Hook which has a variety of restaurants within walking distance of each other for $1 per person. If you're returning during the daylight hours you'll take a long way around to get back to Margaritaville but cab ride will cost you $5 pp plus tip. The safaris stop running at nightfall which is very early here.

You can also walk to Coki beach from Margaritaville where there are daytime food vendors.

Sayville, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: Walking distance
Save

Thank you so much!

Reply to: Walking distance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.