We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice for first timer

Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best choice for first timer

My husband and I will be coming here for our first time. We want to stay in Grace Bay, would like a small resort or hotel. We don't plan on renting a car, so would like a good location to walk to restaurants. a few places we have in mind are: Sands Grace Bay, Royal West Indies and Alexandra. Any feed back would be helpful in making our decision.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best choice for first timer

Look into Ocean Club West as well, it should be in the same price category but the best location without a car.

Contact http://www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc/ for help. They'll give you the best options for your budget.

Good luck

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best choice for first timer

You might also take a look at Villa Renaissance and Regent Grand. T&C Reservations quoted some pretty good rates at both, when I was "shopping."

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
924 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best choice for first timer

We like the Alexandra, you don't need a car, restaurants are walkable along the beach, snorkeling is walkable at Coral Gardens and the flea market is walkable behind the Veranda

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best choice for first timer

Our first two stays were at The Sands......obviously we had a great time and this "sickness" started at The Sands.

Great moderate property with a nicely cared for property.

Like too that there are two undeveloped parcels on each side which makes the beach frontage seem larger.

Hemingways right on property for good casual food.

Close enough to walk to many other restaurants and to the shops.

A nice place for a first time experience of the island.

Mike

Edited: 04 March 2012, 04:40
Providenciales
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best choice for first timer

Villa Renaissance on Grace Bay Beach has some good rates for one bedrooms starting at $300-ish per night - check out VRBO for the listing info and special rates. It's walking distance to the Regent Village and Grace Bay Rd and there you'll find numerous restaurants, cafe's and wine bars, etc, with a varied price range for dining.

If you do wish to rent a vehicle while you are here you can for the day at Grace Bay Car Rentals.

Big Rapids, Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best choice for first timer

We stayed at RWI for 2 years. It is a bit of hike to get groceries, but RWI does have some bikes you can use. RWI is a nice small resort and prices are reasonable. We switched to Villa Renaissance for our trip this year (in July). It will cost a little more, but it is a little more centrally located and is closer to the restaurants and store.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best choice for first timer

I wouldnt even rule out Comfort Suites.

Cheaper than any listed places already in this post, probably more centrally located to restaurants than anyplace else, and a 2 minute walk to the nicest part arguably of the whole Grace Bay beach. Right next to the Seven Stars is where the Comfort Suites beach access and setup is on the beach.

They have clean units, a pool and small bar, and a free continental breakfast.

I would probably do this and with the money saved eat better and or perhaps rent a car with the difference.

I have stayed here before, in fact my first visit, and found the quick walk to the beach to be enjoyable, and a number restaurants within a 2 or 3 minute walk handy if you dont rent a car. You arent in the room except to sleep pretty much anyhow.

Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best choice for first timer

Thanks for all the great advice. We have stayed at alot of all inclusives in Mexico. Although we like Mexico we really want a change. T& C looks like the change we are looking for! This forum is a great way to learn and get ideas.

United States
Level Contributor
458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best choice for first timer

I have been to the T&C 5 times and stayed at the sands twice, RWI once, comfort inn once and the veranda once. I prefer the sands over RWI and would rule out comfort inn. Very basic pool there and not on the beach; room was small and dark with no balcony. No restaurant. The sands has screened in patios and balconies, beautiful rooms and landscaping and a water sports desk. They will take you out on the catamaran -- for free but we gave them a tip. Nice indoor/outdoor restaurant; Hemingways.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,996 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best choice for first timer

If you arent renting a car I would go with OCW.