We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for restaurants

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dress code for restaurants

Hi!

Leaving next week for a week at RWI, and was wondering about the dress code for restaurants on the island. We're not renting a car, so I am curious more about restaurants within walking distance to RWI (Coco Bistro, Coyaba, etc...). Do guys need pants and collared shirts at either of these places?

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for restaurants

Nope, nice shorts and a collared shirt are just fine. Long pants are required at Anacaona (Grace Bay Club).

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for restaurants

This is what I love about T & C, very few dress codes. Before we went to Parrot Cay I checked on the dress code on this forum. I brought shorts, swimsuits and polo shirts and a couple Tommy Bahama shirts, no long pants, no dress shoes, just sandals. We loved being casual for a change. I remember going to Sandals in the Bahama's and they had a strict dress code, it wasn't fun.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for restaurants

Dress codes on TCI? I guess some spots like to have slacks and collared shirts for men at the nicer restaurants-P23, O'soleil, Grace's Cottage etc., but I agree with CaribDesi that nice shorts and a collared shirt should get you in.

I guess it really depends on what your legs look like ! haha

Just do not look like you just came from the beach and I think you will be fine dressed casually.

I always pack one pair just in case.

Enjoy!

provo
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for restaurants

I am not sure if they actually enforce it but on making reservation at O soleil i was informed "no open toe shoes, collared shirt and long pants required". Hubby had to rummage in the back of the closet for those dress shoes........

Last month P23 at the palms told us long pants , no jeans. When we got there plenty of shorts/jeans being worn so go figure.

Anything goes at Coyaba and Coco Bistro. Try telling Gene Simmons he needs long pants.

Lancaster PA
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for restaurants

just got back. saw very casual shorts at P23. surprised

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for restaurants

Think 'Tommy Bahama' and you won't go wrong.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for restaurants

Think "Tommy Bahama" unless you're like me and can only wear 100% cotton in the summer. That's how we survive these long, hot southern summers.

Those $125 TB rayon shirts don't breath nearly as well as $25 cotton one, IMO.

BTW, we're enjoying 97 degrees and 85% humidity today. Gotta love it.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for restaurants

I was referring to the look Caribdesi.. Not the price tag.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code for restaurants

Sorry, Potcake. I got your point and I meant to refer more to the fabric than price.

It's just hard to find a 100% cotton Tommy Bahama (or similar) shirt. Silk shirts breathe pretty well, but cotton's still the best.

When I worked in the resort business, we used to feel sorry for people who would visit coastal South Carolina in the summer months, wearing man-made fabrics. They'd go outside in the evening and be soaked with perspiration by the time they got to the restaurant.

Scottsdale, Arizona
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code for restaurants

casual casual