We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

I have been a member here long enough to know that Beaches is not a popular choice, but it’s all about the grandkids this time. I have reservations to spend two nights at Ocean Club East for two nights alone and then meet them at Beaches. This was the only reasonable small oceanfront room I could come up with. And, quite honestly all I can afford after paying for a week at Beaches for 7 kids and grandkids. I am wanting to ask you how far mileage wise it is from Ocean Club East to Beaches? Do you know the cab fare for that? Also, can I purchase beer at the small convenience store on property At OC?

These reservations are easily cancelled. Any recommendations are welcome.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 05:10
5 replies to this topic
Bucks County...
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

Did you look at Sibonne? It's closer to Beaches and even though I have never stayed there, it comes highly recommended for an inexpensive room on the beach.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

I did look at Sibonne on line. It is either sold out or they do not allow short stays. Maybe Inshould call. For several reasons, I would like to be closer to Beaches.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,194 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

What a great Grandma! Your kids and grandkids are very lucky!

OCE is a great smaller resort, with nice beachy rooms. Cabana Bar and Grill is a favorite among regulars here with really friendly people that will make you feel at home (since you're alone). The beachfront is beautiful, large and wide. Great walk in either direction, especially to the east toward Leeward. OCE is at the opposite end of Grace Bay than Beaches, maybe a 10/12 min. drive.

Definitely give Sibonne a call for the 2 nights, If it's off season, they may take you. Sibonne is a small motel-ish type resort, very small pool, on a nice stretch of beach. Closer to Beaches, about a 5 min. drive.

Have fun!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

To answer one of your questions, yes the store at OC sells beer.

When are are you traveling? I would definitely call Sibonne directly.

OC is about the furthest resort you could stay at(besides Tuscany and Venitian) on Grace Bay from Beaches. Driving distance is about 3 miles.

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
261 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.

If you’re only needing to stay two nights before you meet up with your family at Beaches, a one-time 10-12 minute cab ride to Beaches would be worth the stay at OCE. We love it there and that end of Grace Bay. The Cabana Bar, Opus, and Flamingos right next door, along with the convenience store should serve you well for a couple of days.

Reply to: Ocean Club East/cab, etc.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted