We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eloping

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Eloping

Hi everyone,

We’re planning on eloping in October to Grace Bay. We’ll be staying at the Sands. Has anyone ever gone through the process? Any tips? We pretty much want to land and head straight for the beach but I’m just wondering how long the process takes to obtain the marriage license.

Also any recommendations on photographers?

Thanks. :)

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,268 Reviews
Providenciales
The Sands at Grace Bay
The Sands at Grace Bay
2,044 Reviews
Providenciales
4 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,842 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eloping

A couple of things—

Find out the laws first. For example you must be there at least so many nights before the ceremony.

If you’ve never been hire a wedding coordinator. Even if just the 2 of you. (You also need a witness). You have to have the person doing the ceremony hired before you just show up as you’ll have a hard time getting one there

Wedding papers can take months to a year— they’re in no hurry to give papers to outsiders. (This can be almost any Caribbean island)

You can just show up and elope type destination!

New York
Level Contributor
849 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eloping

Blamona, Did you mean you CANNOT just show up and elope type destination?

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eloping

I believe you have to be on the island for a minimum of 72 hours before being able to apply for the marriage license. You can contact Dee justice of the peace i believe she can help you with that! We had a symbolic ceremony as we officially eloped in st Lucia few days prior. As far as photographer if you can swing Attimi - Ileana is amazing. Our pictures came out better than i could have ever imagined

Mentioned in this post
St. Lucia
St. Lucia
Caribbean
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eloping

Thanks for your replies.

We’ll be on the island a week. I’ve read all the requirements and we have everything. I just wanted to get personal experiences from anyone who has already gone through the process.

Reply to: Eloping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted