We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol

Is it cheaper to buy alcohol @ the IGA's, Sunnys produce or do they have liqy stores?

9 replies to this topic
Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol

It is a bit cheaper and more selection at the Wine Cellar on Leeward Highway although the Graceway IGA wasn't ridiculous either. They will deliver to your condo/villa for free if you are ordering a lot. We sometimes bring in a bottle via the duty free shop in the last stop before the island.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol

Thank you

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol

If you're looking for Turks Head beer (locally brewed), go to the brewery. Its $36 a case.

The Brewery is next to TCI Crystal Waters on South Dock Road. They close at 2 PM on Saturdays and are closed on Sundays.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
18 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol

I was just looking on the Wine Cellar's website (http://www.winecellar.tc) and the liqour and wine prices look about the same. We were planning on buying duty free in Ft. Lauderdale but it doesn't seem necessary since its only a few dollars difference.

Am I missing something? Is there a huge tax added on or something?

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol

If you can find what you want in FLL, you won't need to have to make another stop at Wine Cellar. That and it is a couple of dollars cheaper. Not much at all. FLL doesn't have a great selection of wine (I actually don't remember any) but wine prices are definitely more in Provo than where I live.

Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol

Why not buy your liquor duty free at the airport and bring it down with you? That's what we always do with hard liquor, it's easy to do and you save a few dollars. Rum and wine we always buy on island.

Houston
Level Contributor
188 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol

If we come in on Sunday are we just SOL? Possible to order and have delivered to hotel on Saturday to hold for arrival the following day? Specifically beer.

Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol

Kyle, you'll still be able to buy beer and drinks at the resorts restaurants and bars on Sunday.

If you'll have a rental car, you can drive to the Turks Head Brewery on South Dock Road, off Leeward Highway and buy cases of TH for $36 per case. Pick up the cases at TCI Crystal Water Company which is next to the brewery. BTW, the tour and tasting at the brewery for $15 is a good time. You get to pick 4 of their products to sample.

You can probably contact your resort's concierge to arrange to have beer dropped off on Saturday. I'm sure it will have a nice upcharge added.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol

Thanks everyone for your input. I usually bring in 2 bottles of wine from home.

Its been 6 years since I have been there so, i was curious what were the best options which were answered

Reply to: Alcohol
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted