We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RWI vs Ocean Club West

Huntsville, Alabama
14 posts
RWI vs Ocean Club West

Near last minute decision to take my wife to TCI for her birthday in late August.

We will be traveling with just the 2 of use and we are in our 50s. We love the beach but also like a nice pool with a pool bar or bar very close to the pool.

While we love kids, when on vacation we don't like to be overrun by them. Not that we have to stay at Adults only but we like to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet some when at the beach or pool.

We are not wanting to spend a ton on top notch luxury accommodations but we want a nice place and we are certainly able to fend for ourselves for breakfast, lunch and then head out to one of the many great restaurants we've read about in Provo.

I was looking at RWI and Ocean Club West as possibilities. Will one of those suit what I've identified above and if so...which one is the best?

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,647 posts
307 reviews
1. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

I would suggest OCW because of its location. OCW is a little closer to Regent Villages / Salt Mills Plaza shopping and restaurant area than Royal West Indies.

While I haven't stayed at either property, I do know several of the regular TA posters on this forum have. I'm sure they will add their comments and recommendations for you.

BTW, very nice b-day present for your wife!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
690 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

Pretty comparable as far as kids, nice pools, bars, nice section of beach at both but I like OCW better for its location as you can walk to shopping, grocery store and restaurants. I also like their screened in porches where you can sit in the evenings and not have to worry about mosquitos. They are both great and you can’t go wrong with either.

Edited: 18 June 2018, 08:23
Calabasas...
Level Contributor
148 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

I don't think you have to worry about kids much in late August since it's back to school time. I've stayed at OCW mid August two years ago, and it was great. I am not a pool person, so I don't even remember the layout of it or if there was a swim up bar.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
182 posts
4. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

RWI has daily happy hour 5-7 all drinks half price.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,403 posts
1 review
5. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

Royal West Indies. Dr. Jim

Edited: 18 June 2018, 15:37
Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

If you will have a car....then location of your resort will not matter as much.

If you plan to walk....then the location of OCW is more convenient.

I like the looks of RWI property over OCW.

Both are good options in the moderate price tag.

A similar property also would be the Sands to consider.

Mike

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

Both have restaurant/bar next to the pool. RWI bar isn't really ocean front, where as OCW is ocean front. I really don't think either will be overrun with kids in late August. If it was late July early August I would say RWI would be less kids. RWI, OCW and the Sands(as Mike mentioned) all good options with their own pluses and minuses depending on your priorities.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

OCW for location for walking to restaurants and shopping.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
556 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

I haven’t stayed at either yet but am booked at RWI. Orbitz had great prices for RWI, so if price is a consideration I’d check it out!

Dothan, Alabama
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: RWI vs Ocean Club West

I have stayed at RWI twice, and we are going back in a few weeks. I do not know much about OCW, but I am sure it is nice as well. RWI has not been over run with kids during our stays, in fact, I don't really remember there being many kids at all. RWI has kayaks, paddle boards, Hobie Cats and snorkel gear you can check out for free. All rooms have washer and dryers. The beach is very wide with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. The pools are nice as is the hot tub, and the bar is right next to the pools. They also have bikes you can check out for free. You would need a car IMO to get around, and from what I have read on here many times, OCW is walking distance to most, if not all of your needs. We love RWI. Last visit, we had a Botanical View Studio that was right next to the quiet pool.

Reply to: RWI vs Ocean Club West
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted